Preparation Tips To Ace Class 10 English Exam
English is one of the key subjects of Class 10 CBSE syllabus. As a Class 10 student, you’re required to study the subject thoroughly and prepare well in order to score high marks in the exam. The best resources for Class 10 are the NCERT textbooks as per the CBSE syllabus. CBSE Class 10 English syllabus consists of two textbooks: (i) First Flight (ii) Footprints Without Feet. The first one is the main English coursebook and the second one refers to the Supplementary Reader.
Apart from studying the NCERT books, you can also refer to CBSE Notes that comprise concise summaries of chapters that helps you to get a brief understanding of the different topics. At BYJU’S, we provide CBSE Notes that consists of short descriptions of prose and poems of different units. Being a Class 10 student, you’re on the threshold of Board exams and you need to refer to useful resources just before your exam for revision purposes.
As per the CBSE Class 10 English syllabus, the main textbook i.e, First Flight consists of 11 units comprising both prose and poems. The Supplementary Reader – Footprints Without Feet consists of 10 units. The chapter-wise Footprints Without Feet summary of all units can be easily accessed at the BYJU’S website. Students can also check CBSE Notes of the poems such as A Tiger in the Zoo summary, Dust of Snow summary, The Tale of Custard the Dragon summary among other poem summaries at the BYJU’S website. All the chapter summaries have been written by subject-matter experts in simple language to promote the better understanding of the subject.
Simple Tips and Strategies to Prepare for Class 10 English Exam
In this article, we bring you easy tips and strategies to prepare for the English subject and ace the exam successfully:
- Read each chapter thoroughly so that you can attempt the questions confidently during the exam.
- Try to understand the meaning or moral of each chapter, either prose or poem so that you are in a better position to answer the questions.
- For the comprehension section, read the questions just before you go through the passage so that it will save time for you while attempting those questions.
- Practice reading comprehension from sample papers as it will help you to understand how to answer the questions easily during the exam.
- Try to attempt long questions first during the exam, so that you can finish answering all the questions within the stipulated time period.
- Work on polishing your English grammar skills such as vocabulary, spellings, etc. so that you don’t lose marks on silly mistakes.
Hence, the best way to succeed in the English exam is to practice and track your performance regularly during the academic session. At BYJU’S, you can find unit-wise Footprints Without Feet summary of all chapters and CBSE Notes of different poems such as A Tiger in the Zoo summary, The Tale of Custard the Dragon summary, etc.
In addition to referring to NCERT books, you should also study from CBSE Notes and refer to CBSE Sample Papers to have an in-depth understanding of the subject and score good grades in it. Thus, hard work and commitment goes a long way in helping you to not just score well in the English subject. It also helps you to maintain the aggregate of percentage along with other scoring subjects such as Maths and Science. You can also download BYJU’S – The Learning App and explore a plethora of resources.