Due to technological advancements in the last decade, the Indian educational sector has experienced massive developments. Many ed-tech apps can monitor a child’s performance throughout their program, and make appropriate modifications and suggestions. There is an unequal ratio of instructors to pupils leading to paucity of time. Educators can save time by using these platforms to evaluate and assist their students.
Many ed-tech companies in India are assisting students in performing well during the covid-19 pandemic. For instance, BYJU’S, Vedantu, Unacademy, Cuemath, iNurture, and so on. Both parents and children should be aware of how these educational tech firms operate and how they assist pupils in achieving academic success. If students use BYJU’S learning application, they and their parents should be fully aware of byju’s support, product and classes, among other things.
Top Ed-tech Companies
Education is irreplaceable, despite being undervalued these days due to the “drop out” label. Rather than obtaining a degree, people should update their skills. India’s premier ed-tech startups are transforming the country’s educational landscape, and they’re changing the way people learn. And this paves the way for the children and youth of India to have a promising future.
BYJU’S – The Learning App
BYJU’S – The Learning App, prepares students for competitive entrance examinations such as CAT, IIT-JEE, UPSC, GRE, GMAT, Medical and Engineering, and offers courses for 6th – 12th grade students. This ed-tech provides:
- Several test and assignment answers.
- Question-answers in the fields of Science, JEE, etc.
- Personalized evaluation.
- In-depth analyses for online & tablet courses.
As per the company, 93 percent of parents noticed a significant increase in their child’s grades after using BYJU’S app.
- Byju’s has 15 million users, with 900,000 paying annual subscriptions, and an 85 percent renewal rate.
- Byju’s has also received many honours, including the CRISIL Emerging India Award and the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award.
- It’s available for both Android and iOS users.
|Founders||Byju Raveendran & Divya Gokulnath|
|Subsidiaries||OsmoTutorVistaWhiteHat JrLabInAppAakash InstituteTopprtynkerEpic!Great LearningBYJU’S Exam Prep|
Hemesh Singh started Unacademy as a YouTube channel in 2010, and it has since grown to become a household name in India’s education technology sector. Unacademy is one of India’s most well-known e-learning firms. To date, Unacademy has taught more than 3 million students, and it has partnered with some of the most knowledgeable teachers to provide tutoring to its pupils. There are approximately 2400 online courses available. The majority of the courses on this platform are free; nevertheless, certifications may need payment.
- Unacademy’s mission is to provide free education.
- It offers preparation courses in banking, CAPF, CA, UPSC, CAT, CLAT, pre-medical, JEE, and others.
- Students are guided by tutors to receive direct education from experts, and video tutorials are accessible in various languages.
|Founders||Gaurav Munjal, Roman Saini, and Hemesh Singh|
Cuemath is a math-teaching programme for kids. Cuemath has around 3000 centres across India, with each session containing only six students at a time. The startup’s focus isn’t on Abacus or Vedic math; instead, it focuses on enhancing children’s mathematical understanding rather than simply teaching children to calculate quickly.
This company offers an online platform for personalised tutoring in school curriculum and examinations such as IIT, JEE & NEET. It provides live teaching with two-way communication via whiteboard, voice, and video. It employs qualified tutors from IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, BITS Pilani, and many other prestigious institutions. These apps are available for Android and iOS devices.
|Founder||Vamsi Krishna, Pulkit Jain, Saurabh SaxenaAnand Prakash|
Quizizz is an interactive learning tool that enables teachers to create exciting formative exams for learners of all ages. Any computer, browser, laptop, smartphone, or tablet can access the website.
- Teachers can use the site to turn their students’ coursework and tests into self-paced activities or games by combining game design components.
- Teachers can build their quizzes or choose from millions of quizzes created by other academics.
- Quizizz’s goal is to motivate students and assist them in their development.
- Quizizz has over ten million users, and its solutions are widely used in schools in the United States.
|Founder||Ankit Gupta, Deepak Joy Cheenath|
There is a risk associated with the free online classes provided by educational technology startups. Hacking user account details such as email, username, passcode, and other private details is the most prevalent data breach. Before joining any ed-tech application, parents and children should take precautions. For example, if students wish to join BYJU’S learning app, they should be aware of the app’s products, prices, and the fact that people talk about BYJU’S scam and fraud, all of which may be true or false.
Education technologies can reduce current major concerns with further investigation and development. Apps, in particular, can be used to encourage online social contact instead of discouraging all social contact. Education applications, when used correctly, may be a tremendous tool for improving our children’s education.